Monday, December 10, 2012

New York State Of Mind....For How long??

And here I am contemplating how many days to make my NY stay.  Don't hate me guys.  Stays here get pretty damn pricey, and so right now I am thinking just 3 days total here in NYC.

The other hotel option I had kept open as an option just shot up in price to over 800 for 2 nights.  While there is another in the 200. range, I am not sure I want to give everything I make tomorrow back again to another hotel and gamble that I will make it back in the 2 days.

Complicated, this hotel gamble I tell you.  It's nice when your company foots the bill but here I gotta do it all myself.  While I plan to have a good day tomorrow with 4 clients
booked thus far.  What sometimes happens is that I have 1 great day when I 1st arrive then maybe 1 sometimes 2 clients for the next 2 days, and then basically in

Where as I could be in a different town, as I was just, and have client bookings all day long on every single day of my visit.  This is how I need to work.  Not whining here I promise.  Just been sitting here a bit overwhelmed by literally just arriving, and yet again, having to make this immediate decision.  So I thought writing about it might be a good way to just let it go a little bit.  Also, help give you guys a more balanced sense of what it takes to keep up this type of work, when one travels.

Umm.... Not always easy, and sometimes it just keeps my mind going to the point where I stay up too late, and Muck up my morning schedule.  Gotta do what I can to get my training back on track.

I've been going but my goals are bigger than the sloppy performance I've been allowing myself lately.  Saw one sweet favored client in the Bronx today, so am glad I made the trip, if just to get to give him some time with me, and vice-versa.  There are yet still a few more I will get to see tomorrow too, so this trip is already a winner in my book.  Length of stay however I must plan very strategically.  

This is what clients get with me gentlemen.  They know I like them.  Yes, I have favored guys!  Yes, they wait and hunger to see me again.  Yes, it makes me happy and yes, I do some special trips because I know they will be waiting, and this is what makes this all worth while for me too.  The hotel I'm in right now is picked by me due to one sweet married favored client I have, a New Yorker, who told me oh so sweetly a couple nights ago how he often thought of one of our last visits at this hotel and how wonderful it would be to see me there again sometime.  Asking ever so nicely if I ever planned to stay there again.  I'm sure I gave him the sometimes insane rates story, but still I started keeping an eye out and "voila", here I am.  Booked it to cause I knew it would put a smile on his face!  And If you saw that the way I get to, you too would understand why I did it, and why I sometimes do things like these with clients being ever unsuspecting, and genuinely thrilled if I choose to tell them.

No comments:

Post a Comment