Sunday, November 18, 2012

Another Happy Ending! (smile)

Wanna hear a cool story guys??  Well, I think it's a cool story anyway.  By that I mean if you enjoy the bad luck with happy ending kind of story anyways....  Well, given the nature of this blog, and the fact this is really all about the business of "happy endings"  LOL....  I am giving myself the green light and share this story with you just the same!

So here it goes.  You all probably are getting that I have been traveling quite a bit lately.  So 2 weeks ago I was in DC.  Made my way back to Florida by way of US AIRWAYS.  Got there the day before our national elections, on Nov. 5th.  I flew into Fort Lauderdale airport because i had left me car with my sister.  So get in, drive to Orlando survive the elections victoriously! And a couple days later am thinking I want to get back to do some good reading., not just "news reading" which I do a bit too much of, and all day long!

Time to get out my Kindle Fire and make another book purchase!  I was so excited!  You know why guys ??  Well, I thought that those of you who may have been reading this blog or my website might know the answer to that.  Anyway, I'll tell you now since I have you here now.

Part of my New Year's resolutions for 2012 aka goals, was to begin reading actual books again.  In keeping with my goals, I have so far read 2 books already, and was now about
to begin reading my 3rd book.  Last December my Christmas gift to me, was a Kindle Fire.  I got the original Kindle for my 5 yr old niece with a 5th grade reading level, and so I felt good about doing this nice deed for me too.  She loves hers BTW!

I'm actually an avid reader, but it's mostly journalistic reading like news reports, current events and other stories of interest, done largely online.  This type of reading, while fine, can sometimes be filled with too much world drama, and oftentimes not very inspiring.   

Now that I filled you in.  Can you guess what happened?  Yep, exactly.  I lost my Kindle!  2 weeks ago Monday.  Back tracked in my head and I thought the strong possibility is that I left it in the back pouch of the seat in front of me.  Well that was disappointing because I had a prior experience with a bag I left at TSA once that I was never able to recover.  So I called the hotels I had visited to no avail.  Here I was traveling again and thought ok let me try the airport tomorrow just in case.  When all of a sudden I get am email from Amazon!  My first thought was "why is amazon emailing me"?  Most likely some marketing campaign, but it wasn't.  It was an email telling me someone had found my Kindle on the back the airplane seat along with the persons name and contact information!

I was like, WOW!  Totally amazed!  The email said the reason I got the email was because I had registered my device with amazon and to let them know If I wish for Amazon to delete the device from their registrar.

I called the number, left a V-mail with my contact info for the Rep (who turned out to be a US Airways employee) to get back to me and I sent Amazon a THANK YOU reply immediately following.

So yesterday the person who found my kindle tries to reach me twice.  Thankfully I had a full day of back to back clients and didn't actually noticed I had a few voice mails on my private line until after 11 pm that night.  Called her this morning, she answered, we spoke a bit.  She was so nice!  Told me how she had developed a few tricks as a way to try and get the info she might be able to use to track me down for the return of my item.  We laughed.  She suggested overnight delivery, but I told her I was in DC where she just happened to be also!  Set up a time, and location to meet tomorrow Monday.  2 Weeks to the day when I had "lost" my kindle fire at the airport!

Awesome!!  Happy Ending!  Lesson here for you all:  REGISTER ALL YOUR DEVICES!  This can work for you too.  Companies are getting better at these retrieval systems!

Wishing you all a great day!
PS..COME SEE ME IN DC NOT THROUGH TUESDAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment