Tuesday, October 4, 2011

A Delusional Client Drama!!

Good morning all.  Hope you are all enjoying my Blog here.  Hit me up sometime.  Love to hear from you all too sometimes.  had an unsavory, putting it lightly email from a joker in North Jersey somewhere a couple days ago.  Bitter guy who was upset that I didn't jump when he said jump!  haha...  Yea well, tried to sell me on some idea that he would try and put me into some movie production that he claimed was in the works.  Well, I've heard many many stories like this in the past from guys trying (the very WRONG way) to get my attention. 

Anyway, he never actually booked a session with me.  Always called last minute.  Always expected me to drop and run to make time to meet with him.  Saying things like, "are you available now"??  What does that mean?  Exactly?  Was he around the corner from where I was staying?  Not!  Actually over an hour and a half more or less from where I was.  lol  Amazing.  Laughable actually. 

On more than 1 occasion, I was arriving that day into the city.  Weird.  Then the pressure he would put on extremely, lengthy emails.  Oh, I got to make this choice immediately, because I have to find someone to accompany me on this luxury business trip I have planned.  How soon was this trip going to happen??  No mention of that at all.  Things like, "well, I need to know now because I can't meet with you this week, then I will have to pick someone else".  These are the kinds of quotes I would get from a total stranger I had never met before.  Hmmmm, not a good way to begin.

So I gave him the benefit of my many many doubts, and I continued responding to his emails of epic proportions, with a million details about his illustrious position in the music business his life and loves lost etc....  OMFG.

Well, not so bad if they had not been followed with so much pressure of things like.  Well, If I don't hear from you by such and such a date, etc..  Once during one of my brief NYC visits he was insisting I meet with him during that horrible blizzard last year in Dec.  I told him I would do the best I could but everything got severely delayed, and I was stuck in DC for over 8 hours trying to get a bus into NY.  Kept him posted, but needless to say, he managed to turn it around with follow up emails, again of epic proportions, with statements like "well I really was hoping I could work this out with you, but given my erratic schedule, and the fact that it hasn't worked out, means, this is most likely jinxed.  Things like, " I guess this wasn't really meant to be, after all," and on, and on, and on, and on.......  OMFG.
 

I laughed reading these ridiculous sounding emails, really.  No other choice really, but to laugh, because you can't take something so crazy! like this so seriously!  I had not even met the guy once, yet.  How does he know we'd be such an amazing match, and for such an extended trip?  anyway??

The trip idea sounded very nice, but let's do it without the crazy drama and let up on the ridiculous pressure please!  ..... Long story short.  I emailed him, to let him know I was back in NYC.  I figured, why not, he sounded like he would really like to meet up sometime.

He went on and on again, in his response about how I missed out on this grand opportunity, (even though the filming got cancelled!) not a surprise to me at all of course! as I expected, and then continued with how the film "might" or is, "again supposed", to be rescheduled for this November.   Of course, more details about the grand opportunity, and  how I would miss out because I "allegedly" let him down 3 to 4 times before.  Laughable if he wasn't in such completely pathetic state of self denial and deception! 

Also, all the guys who have hired me, or even some who may have just called me, would know, this scenario could never happen with me, because I speak with all clients BEFORE, meeting and normally, together, we set a date, time, we agree and it's done.  


Well, this guy refused to commit to a time, each and every time he called me.  Just very general statements, and never a firm, yes this can be done.  2 times were during horrible conditions in which he was trying to meet the day I arrived to NY.  

Well, those never happened due to crazy travel conditions, which I told him about, way in advance!   Anyway, this guys conversations, by email, all said things like " I must know now, by tonight!!  if you are going to be the one?? or not, otherwise, I will be just have to find another guy!  Never done this before, and my friends really want me to pick a guy right now, so I could enjoy my work vacation, coming up. 

Did I mention that he gave no indication of an actual date, for this supposed dream vacation? movie, break-though career, he was going to help launch for me??  But, meanwhile, every conversation was, Oh no, this needs to happen tonight! or I may have to find someone else.  I laugh at stupid shit like that guys!  Come on!  I get countless emails with ridiculous fictitious offers, not too unlike this, all the time!

Well, finally I had to let this guy in on the idea that his film prospects for me have had no allure at all, because I primarily have interest in meeting the person, before I entertain any other such ideas or said "proposals" from clients.

Forget it about it.  He responded all in Caps, with things like who do I think I am !! Expletive Expletive Expletive Expletive!  Really!  I won't give specifics, but the email over irrational, to say the least!  Over the TOP ANGRY.  And then had added any, and every expletive you could possibly imagine.  


Never cease to amaze me how some people choose to say things like, "normally I am a nice guy but you made me become mean and nasty like no one ever has provoked me before" !!  Wow, all this nastiness by just 1 email response from me, that was neither accusatory, mean spirited, or nasty.

One thing I never do, is send out a mean spirited email.  If I don't like what you've said, you simply won't get a response, is all.  I followed up with a reply explaining I was not accusing, and his response was sarcastic, with a very phony, (well, that is certainly original of you) ending.  Which of course, was almost immediately followed by another email starting with, "I am sooo not done with you"  And the personal attacks ensued.  Woo.... This one, I had to, respond to.  So I just shared some of my thoughts on his abusive and nasty behavior, and after 2 more abusive and threatening emails he seemingly has decided to cease and decease his continued abuse.

Well, not exactly a love story I know, but yeah, this is part of this package sometimes too, gentlemen, when dealing in this business.  I continue to be loving, caring and generously giving to clients who contact, and to those who see me of course.  Thankfully, the vast majority of interactions with clients are wonderful, and caring towards a satisfactory end on   both sides. 

I am now in downtown Philadelphia, and will continue to share more later in the day.  All the best.  Ciao for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment